On Monday, 7/9/18, Carlisle Fire and Police Departments responded to a report of a townhouse fire at 26 Carter Place. CPD Officers arrived on the scene and discovered several units on fire. The fire damaged 5 units with fire and/or smoke and water damage. The fire originated at the rear of the property between 26 and 28 Carter Place and extended east and to the roof of the complex. The investigation revealed the fire originated at the rear property in the area of mulch and decorative shrubbery. The cause of the fire was accidental and attributed to a carelessly discarded cigarette. The damage was estimated to be at least $400,000.