Is your registration plate fading, blistering, or peeling?


If you have a registration plate that is fading, blistering or peeling, stop by the police station and we can assist in obtaining a Free replacement with a standard issued Pennsylvania registration plate.  If you have a specialty registration, we can assist you in the forms to replace them as well, although these plates may have a fee required.  A plate that is obscured or illegible is a violation of the vehicle code section 1332 and may result in a police officer stopping and possibly issuing a warning or citation.  You can also go to the PennDOT website and complete Form MV-44 "Application For Duplicate Reg. Card, Replacement Of Reg. Plate Or Weight Class Sticker" at the link below and have a local or state police officer sign Section "C" and mail it to PennDOT.