What if I don't have the money?

If you advise the Court that you are unable to make a payment due to the Court, whether full fines and costs or a partial payment on a time-payment plan, you can request a hearing before the District Judge to determine your ability to pay at that time, a payment plan can be ordered or adjusted, community service can be ordered, or the defendant can be imprisoned for nonpayment ($40 per day.) Note: The outcome of the hearing can be appealed within 30 days to the Court of Common Pleas for a new hearing (hearing de novo.)

Constables are not permitted to accept partial payment of outstanding fines and costs, or to make payment arrangements. If in custody of the Police or Constable, prior to transporting to District Court, defendant may be permitted to make phone calls in an attempt to obtain funds needed to satisfy the Warrant(s). Phone calls can also be made at the District Court following a hearing with the District Judge.