As Independence Day approaches, many will choose to celebrate with fireworks. We’d like to take a moment to remind you that, with the expanded availability and legality of consumer-grade fireworks in recent years, there are still rules….
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
- It is unlawful to discharge fireworks in the cartway or sidewalk within any public right of way ( https://ecode360.com/14964984?highlight=fireworks&searchId=10363868995703246#14964984 )
- It is unlawful to discharge consumer fireworks between 11p and 7a. (https://ecode360.com/11210630 )
Please celebrate July 4th safely and respect your neighbors!