There have been numerous complaints to the Camp Hill Police Department in recent weeks of illegal fireworks being set off within the borough. This has been occurring mostly on weekends and is believed to involve juveniles according to the reports. The Police Department would like to remind ALL residents and community members that there are restrictions on the use of fireworks outlined in the state law and also a borough ordinance. The restrictions include but are not limited to:
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug
Violators of the "fireworks" law are subject to citations that include fines and court costs.