What should make you suspect a piece of mail or package?
- It is unexpected or from someone you do not know.
- It is addressed to someone no longer at your address.
- It is handwritten and has no return address or bears one that you can not confirm is legitimate.
- It is lopsided or lumpy in appearance.
- It is sealed with excessive amounts of tape
- It is marked with restrictive endorsements such as “Personal” or “Confidential”.
- It has excessive postage.
What should I do with a suspicious piece of mail?
- Do NOT open the package.
- Do NOT handle the letter or package that you suspect is contaminated
- Do NOT shake it, bump it, or sniff it.
- Double bag it in zip lock baggies if at all possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Call the East Pennsboro Police.
For more information visit the homepage for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.